BARN BEAM & RUSTIC
BARN BEAM & RUSTIC MANTLES
Whether you are building a new home or remodelling, a rustic log fireplace mantle will compliment almost any fireplace and bring the feeling of the outdoors and the beauty of the natural wood.
All rustic mantles have a story. A story told by the character of the wood and the way it was hand cut and shaped more than a century ago.
We start by using the best barn beams pulled from historic barns and buildings that are 120 to 200 years old.
Our craftsmen take great pride in handling, sanding and turning the beams into beautiful rustic mantles. Historic character and old world workmanship is now available for you to enjoy in our one of a kind fireplace mantels.
Our mantels are available in three distinct styles:
1. Hand Hewn – Rustic, classic and unmistakable. Markings were made with the original craftsman’s axe long ago.
2. Saw Cut – Squared cut with edges that are either slightly rounded or crisp. Hand sawn or mill sawn generations before us.
3. Squared Face – A traditional flat faced milled mantel made from historic age dried barn wood Various mantel lengths, widths and heights are available. We are happy to custom cut to your specifications. Character features available include mortise pockets, tenons, pegs and square headed nails.
Available finishes for Rustic Mantles include:
1. Rustic original – cleaned but not sanded and not stained.
2. Part finished – cleaned and hand sanded- ready for you to stain.
3. Full finished matt – cleaned, hand sanded and stained. Your choice of three stain types- light, medium, dark.
4. Full finished gloss – cleaned, hand sanded, stained with gloss.