FIREPLACE SAFETY SCREENS
A fireplace safety screen is the best way to keep your children and pets a safe distance from the fire. Custom ordering is available please inquire within.
Gas fireplaces are perfect for keeping you and your family warm throughout the winter, but can pose a risk for severe burns to young children, infants and pets.
Height 30 ½”
Bar Spacing 2 ¼”
Width spans from 40-inches to 77.25- inches depending on configuration
VALOR SAFETY CHECKLIST:
- Before the initial operation of your fireplace please read and follow the operators instruction manual to ensure correct use and proper maintenance of the product
- Fireplace glass windows, doors and safety screens will be hot, even on low-fire settings where there may be no obvious signs of visible flames. Contact with any heated glass surface may cause burns
- Educate your family about fireplace safety before operating the fireplace
- Never leave young children in the same room as the fireplace without adult supervision
- Ensure that the fireplace remote control is inaccessible to young children at all times. Use the wall mounted storage holster, supplied with your Valor fireplace, to house the handset when not in use
- If you are a parent and/or have young children frequenting your home, we highly recommend installing a physical barrier such as a child safety gate system or a suitable safety screen (consult your Valor dealer for options)
- All objects in the room such as furnishings etc. should remain a safe distance away from the fireplace (see your product manual for complete clearance requirements)
- After the unit has been turned off, the glass on your fireplace will remain hot for a period of time (approximately 30 – 60 minutes)
- Ensure that your fireplace is completely shut off and the unit has safely cooled before performing general maintenance (cleaning the glass, etc.)
- Never leave combustible materials or flammable liquids in the same room as your fireplace
- Scheduling routine maintenance checks with a local Valor dealer helps to ensure safe, effective use of your fireplace. This practice will also help increase the expected service life of your fireplace
- Contact your local Valor dealer if you have any questions and/or require further information regarding the product installed in your home
- Fireplace Surfaces, in particular the glass viewing window, areextremely hot during operation (over 500°F at full capacity) and will remain hot for a period of time after the fireplace is turned off. Contact with the hot glass can cause severe burns. Close adult supervision is required if there are young children, or at-risk individuals in the house.A physical barrier is strongly recommended. Install an approved aftermarket safety gate to keep toddlers, young children and at-risk individuals a safe distance from the fireplace.
- Valor Fireplace Screen Accessories. If your Valor fireplace is not equipped with a fire screen or screen door, a suitable accessory screen may be ordered through your local Valor dealer.
- Maintain a Safe Clearance From Hot Surfaces. Keep furniture, draperies and other objects at least 36″ clear from the front of the fireplace. Never sit directly adjacent to the hot glass, or allow clothing or other material to come in contact with fireplace surfaces.
- Keep the Remote Control Handset out of Reach of Children at all Times. A wall mount storage holster was included with your remote control package. Removing the battery from the handset or receiver will disable your remote.
- The glass on your fireplace will remain hot after the unit has been turned off forapproximately 30 to 60 minutes.
- Ensure that your fireplace is completely shut off and the unit has safely cooled before performing general maintenance.
- Scheduling routine maintenance checks with a local Valor dealer helps to ensure safe, effective use of your fireplace. This practice will also help increase the expected service life of your fireplace.